ipCG believes that human capital is the foundation of our success. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages our employees to grow professionally, develop their individual talents, and contribute to their full potential. Initiative, teamwork, creativity, and commitment are encouraged and rewarded.
We look for talented, self-motivated people who want to help clients achieve strategic advantage by using their IP portfolios. Hiring strong consultants with experience and established credentials supports our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Assuming there are no current positions available that match your interests and qualifications with our current needs, we will keep your resume on file, so that you may be considered for future opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail, mail, or fax:
ipCapital Group, Inc.
426 Industrial Avenue, Suite 150
Williston, VT 05495
Fax: (802) 859-0183
ipCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Analyst / Technical Specialist
ipCapital Group (ipCG), a leading intellectual property and innovation strategy firm, is seeking an Analyst / Technical Specialist to join our exciting company. We serve as trusted advisors to companies ranging from early stage start-ups to the Fortune 500.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of IT, this position will participate in data gathering, research and analysis, as well as structure data and reports that form the basis of our client engagements. This team member would also have a range of IT tasks from light software coding to helping design software specs, and occasional networking and desktop support. Activities would consist over a wide range of innovation and intellectual property solutions for ipCG’s diverse set of clients, and for internal development efforts.
Project and Engagement Responsibilities
- Participate in client calls to ensure complete understanding of technical space to be studied
- Read and analyze a variety of technical documents, including patents, publications, manuals, white papers, and research documents, submitted as part of the research study
- Rank technical documents on a variety of criteria as defined by the client
- Distill, summarize, and communicate general trends from analysis
- Provide regular updates to Managers regarding status of the study
- Distill, summarize, and communicate analysis
- Work closely with Sr. Staff to develop Client presentations
- Support Sr. Staff in drafting proposals, project plans, and bus dev documents
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to produce software designs and specs
- Test delivered code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
- Collaborate with technical writers to create documentation for user support
- Occasional programming or updating of internal software and macros.
- Occasional network and Desktop support.
- Personable and professional, ready to work closely with colleagues and clients
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to program in various languages such as C++, Python, VBA
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Experience with GIT repositories and development environments
- Quick, flexible learner with high intellectual curiosity for new subject matter
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize several ongoing project requirements
- Detail and time oriented; ability to work well under tight deadlines; high level of initiative
- Passion for solving complex business and technical challenges
- High level of intellectual curiosity; ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Able to build and maintain business relationships internally and externally
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Facility with MS Excel for in-depth analysis (i.e. Macros, financial modeling, pivot tables, charting, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Library Science, Chemistry, Physics, or other natural science
- Relevant experience in a consulting, research, or technology setting preferred
- Experience with handling large data sets and/or multiple, complex studies
- Strong track record of educational and/or professional achievement
Located in Chittenden County Vermont, near the shores of scenic Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains we have a quality of life that is superb for outdoor activities and family needs. Montreal is within a 1.5-hour drive and Boston is just 3 hours away.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Charles E. Root Jr
Director of Technology
ipCapital Group, Inc
426 Industrial Ave, Suite 150
Williston, VT 05495
OR Email to: croot at ipcg dot com
ipCapital Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.