Senior Advisor email@example.com
Bruce Story is a Senior Advisor at ipCapital Group and has sixteen years of experience developing and implementing intellectual asset management processes used to create and protect intellectual property for a global chemical company. He is leveraging his experience to help clients meet the challenge of an increasingly global competitive environment.
Prior to joining ipCapital Group, Bruce was Senior Director, Intellectual Capital Management with The Dow Chemical Company. Although based in Freeport, Texas, his scope was the global businesses of Dow.
His experience includes business-focused patent strategy development and implementation, IP litigation, business IP risk mediation, focused innovation, licensing, open innovation, joint venture IP issues management, mergers and acquisitions, acquisition due diligence, and competitive intelligence.
While with Dow, Bruce:
- Developed and executed a global patent strategy that resulted in a new patent-protected $1 billion business and a $1 billion business extension. License revenue from the resultant intellectual property has been in excess of $100 million per year with licensees in North America, Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- Created a competitive intelligence capability which led to significant assertion licensing opportunities. Innovation in database development and competitive watch programs have been replicated throughout the company.
- Implemented new IP metrics revealing to executive management the percentage of products sold with patent protection and the revenue and margin protected. Margin analysis led to business plan changes. Developed strategy to enhance the IP protection in certain businesses based on a patent aging analysis. Proposed and implemented economic goals related to patent protection.
- Developed and implemented intellectual asset protection strategy for new research centers in China and India. Created an IP outsourcing center in India.
- Developed and implemented global training courses on intellectual property protection.
Bruce has a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Trinity University.