John Ciannamea, Senior Advisor, has a 35-year career that includes monetizing intellectual property, venture capital investing and working with emerging companies in New York, Silicon Valley, and Research Triangle Park.
Mr. Ciannamea has been involved in numerous IP transactions as a company officer, IP broker, and IP consultant. The range of IP transactions include:
- Sale of IP portfolios for clients ranging from Fortune 500 to individual inventors
- License of IP portfolios owned by individuals, operating companies and universities
- Brokering of intellectual property across many industries and including large (> 1,000 assets) portfolios
- Valuations of IP portfolios
- Portfolio analysis, clustering and scoring
He has served as a venture capital investor with several early stage funds and has led and negotiated licensing transactions for venture backed portfolio companies. The companies that have received investments through his venture funds have an aggregate 2016 market capitalization in excess of $40 billion.
Mr. Ciannamea serves as Innovator In Residence at East Carolina University.
Mr. Ciannamea has B.S. and M.S. degrees from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an M.B.A. from Virginia Commonwealth University.