John Cronin appears on the SharkPreneur Podcast Hosted by Seth Greene
595: Guarding Your Intellectual Property John Cronin, ipCG
– The Sharkpreneur podcast with Seth Greene Episode 595 John Cronin
John Cronin has worked with over 1,200 companies and approximately 15% of the Fortune 500, hundreds of mid-size companies and hundreds of startups and governmental laboratories. Over the years, he has become a respected thought leader among executives who wish to align business issues with IP and translate strategies into actionable financial results. John has inspired and trained thousands of engineers and scientists in the best practices of “how to invent.”
Prior to forming ipCG, John spent over 17 years at IBM and became its top inventor with over 100 patents and 150 patent publications. He created and ran the IBM Patent Factory, which was essential in helping IBM become number one in US patents and lead the team that contributed to the startup and success of IBM’s licensing program. John is also on the Board of Directors of HopTo and Imageware.
Listen to this illuminating Sharkpreneur episode with John Cronin about guarding your intellectual property.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
● How clients need strategy work and data to organize their strategies.
● Why being tech agonistic has allowed ipCG to have a big market.
● How not knowing what a patent is creates a lot of wasted intellectual property.
● Why businesses need to have a patent portfolio to keep track of their ideas.
● How companies need to build in counter-assertion patents to begin with.